Unfortunately each and every one of us has a limited amount of time here on earth. Bummer huh? Good news! We can choose how we use that time.
I used to spend every day feeling like there just wasn’t enough time. I was a stay at home mom and felt like I didn’t have enough time to get everything done. Fast forward several years later, I do all of that and run a business. The difference is now I feel like I have plenty of time to do it all.
What changed? How I managed my time. I realized time was on my side as long as I utilized the proper tools. I could be an entrepreneur, mom of four, military wife, friend and adult all at the same time without completely losing my mind.
Here are five tips for taking back your time:
- Allow For Wiggle Room. Things are going to happen. Traffic could be bad, parking could be hard to find, kids might not get ready promptly, etc… allow room for the unexpected.
- Have An Online Scheduling Tool. Ever have someone ask when you’re available but you’re waiting to hear back from someone else? Instead send them a link to schedule their own stuff. I use Acuity Scheduling.
- Don’t Be Afraid To Say “How About Next Week?”. We overbook ourselves because we are afraid that person or opportunity won’t still be interested next week. Trust me they will be and if they aren’t it wasn’t meant to be.
- Other People Don’t Know What Your Schedule Looks Like. Just say I am not available. You don’t have to give them a bunch of reasons why.
- Have A Calendar That Travels With You. How are you tracking all your meeting and appointments? What is preventing you from overbooking yourself? Take your calendar with you. I personally use the calendar on my phone which syncs with my Acuity Calendar as well.
This is your life and your time. Take control of it! You can do it all you just can’t do it all at once. We need to manage our time so we can do it all and not feel exhausted every day.
Poor time management can cost us clients, friendships, and money. It can leave us feeling drained and stressed. We can end up with medical issues like high blood pressure or anxiety.
Take Care of yourself and everything else will fall into place. If you need help click sign up below and get your Self Care checklist. Remember YOU ARE ENOUGH!!!