This past weekend I turned 30. Boy have the last 30 years been full of life lessons. Here are 30 I would love to share with you all.
1) Stranger Danger is not the biggest concern it’s often those closest to us that we trust that’s the problem
2) A smile costs nothing at all and sometimes it can change a persons whole day.
3) Every person is unique. Life is not one size fits all.
4) ” I would never” should not be part of anyones vocabulary. We have no idea what we will do until we’re in a situation.
5) Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. Everyone’s opinion of what’s beautiful is very different.
6) Unless we are right there and witnessed something with our own eyes we should never assume we know what actually happened. Word of mouth can be a tricky thing.
7) Mindset is everything. Our thoughts control our actions, our beliefs, and our perceptions.
8) We are only in control of ourselves, our actions, and our reactions not anyone else’s. No one’s in control of ours either.
9) We can choose to see happiness and joy in our lives. Two people can have the same experience, one could find joy and one could find sadness.
10) People are judgmental. Rarely does it actually have anything to do with us. Most of the time it has to do with them, their beliefs, and their perception. Try not to let it get to you.
11) No one is better than anyone else. Everyone has something they are unhappy with.
12) We only have one body to live in. We need to take care of it.
13) Our bodies are capable of amazing feats from growing a person to healing itself. Don’t take that for granted.
14) We need to Be grateful for what we have. We could have a lot more but we could also have a lot less.
15) There is someone out there wishing they could have our life.
16) 9 times out of 10 what other people think of us will not change our lives at all. We need to remember that next time we get worried about what someone thinks.
17) Honesty is the best policy. Lies will eat us alive from the inside out and often they don’t stay secret forever.
18) Be kind. Everyone is fighting a battle we know nothing about.
19) Give without any expectation of receiving something in return. It’s less stressful and feels really good.
20) We will not be everyone’s cup of tea. That’s ok. Don’t hold it against them. Why would we want someone in our lives who don’t like us anyways?
21) There is no such thing as the perfect diet. We are all built differently. What works for one person may not work for another.
22) If we don’t ask the answer is always no. Other People can’t read our minds.
23) Over time we change, grow, and learn. It’s inevitable but it doesn’t have to be a bad thing.
24) We need to take responsibility for our actions. Stop blaming other people. They didn’t force those shots down our throat.
25) If we quit after a bad day, a bad week or a bad month we will be quitting for the rest of our lives.
26) There’s a difference between constructive criticism and being negative. We all need to learn the difference.
27) Our past does not define us. We can always decide to have a different future.
28) Children will learn more from what do than what we say. No more do what I say and not what I do.
29) Being open and honest is the key for any relationship. It can make it or break it.
30) There are good people out there. We have to get the not so good ones out of our lives to make room for the good ones.
What life lessons have you learned?