One of the best pieces of advice my husband has ever given me is “If you don’t ask the answers always no.” As someone with a curious mind I use to allow the fear that people would judge me or think I am stupid for asking questions hold me back. How are we to know the answer if we don’t ask?
Many times we are so afraid of rejection that we freeze up and never ask what we want to. This can hold us back in so many aspects of our lives. If we only ask the questions we know the answers to how are we suppose to learn and grow? Life is full of risks and this is just one of them.
If You don’t ask the answers always no… Minimizing your risk:
1) Do your research. With everything at our finger tips it’s relatively easy to do.
2) Build relationships. When people know, like, and trust you they are more likely to say yes.
3) Weigh the best case scenario against the worst case scenario. Is the bad really that bad? Is it worth risking for the best outcome?
4) Have a back up plan. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket so essentially you lose everything if you get the answer you don’t want.
5) Realize that someone’s response to your question has more to do with them than it has to do with you. Still reevaluate after but don’t take it to heart.
It’s impossible to read someone’s mind. Unless if those are your psychic powers but even then you won’t be right 100% of the time. The best way to find out the answer to your question is ask. Use these tips to help you have a foundation to which you can minimize the risks associated with asking your question.
In all reality the worst case scenario usually means that we end up right back where we were before we asked. That’s not really not setting us back that far. Don’t give up on asking questions because you are rejected or someone is judgmental of your question. As long as your question is appropriate for the relationship you have with this person it will all be ok. If you don’t ask the answers always no and you will be left wondering what the answer could have been.
Remember YOU ARE ENOUGH!!!