What is personal development? It is developing you as a person. It’s all about learning, growth, and improvement. No one knows everything , has done everything and is everything. We as humans are imperfect but that only means we have room to improve. That’s where personal development comes in.
When you start delving into the realms of personal development it can get overwhelming. There is so much information out there and so many places to find it. Some is free and some costs hundreds of thousands of dollars. It’s difficult to ascertain what’s worth it and what’s not.
Deciding where to start with personal development
1) Identify an area you want to improve and/or learn more about
2) Decide what you want to get from learning about this area
3) Find free or low cost ways to “dip your toe in” like podcasts or books
4) If you are still interested in this area then ask for recommendations on courses, coaches, conferences, etc… that you can learn more from
5) Implement what you’ve learned and discover another area of interest
If we aren’t growing we are dying. Studies have proven when people no longer have something to work towards they die sooner. That’s why we should always have something we are working towards. It doesn’t have to big or complicated. The more we know the better we do.
Set aside time every day to work on your personal development. This could be listening to podcasts while driving or reading a book before bed. It doesn’t have to be time consuming but as a little as 15 minutes a day can add up over time. If you want more guidance check out these resources: Podcast Episode & Blog post. Remember YOU ARE BRAVE, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL, YOU ARE WORTH & YOU ARE ENOUGH!!!