As busy women we have a lot on our plates. It’s so easy to get stressed and overwhelmed with life. I mean hello you want me to juggle kids, marriage, business, running a household, and still having a social life?!?! My oh my!
One of the very first things I help my clients with is planning. They even get a beautiful planning guide to help them plan out their week. Often time we think planning just means creating a schedule but it is sooo much more. Everything from our mindset to our vacations can use a plan.
Here are five steps to help you start off creating a plan:
- Look Towards Your Future. Whether it’s two days or two years from now think about what you would like to achieve. Where would you like your life to look like?
- Brain Dump. What will it take to get there? Do you need to get rid of your negative self talk? Do you need to create some boundaries in your life? Dump it all out on paper.
- Plan It Out. Take those pieces from your brain dump and put it into an actionable plan. What do you need to do to move yourself towards what you want to achieve?
- Find Your Tools. What kind of tools do you need to help you stay on track? This could look like a planner or calendar or even just a notebook. What will help YOU stay on track?
- Get Accountable. Find someone who will help you stay accountable. This could be a friend, a family member, a coach, a mentor, etc… someone who you can tell about your plan who will help you stay on track.
These steps can be used in most aspects of your life or business. If you fail to plan you plan to fail. You do not have to plan it down to the second. Think of your plan as a guideline for your life. Don’t beat yourself up too much when you get off track.
Any part of your life can use a little planning. It doesn’t have to be big events even little ones can use it. For example your attending a function that someone that is consistently rude to you is going to be in attendance as well. You can make a plan for how you are going to act/react if they are rude to you again. Make a plan that is authentic to you. Everyone is different.
Need some extra help reducing stress or overwhelm? Join my next Better Together Group Program.